Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

pretty little liars

welcome to my tv diaries.
i'll be dissecting tv and movies with my tidbits and snacks.
so come and join along!
i've got a new show to introduce, called Pretty Little Liars.


the lowdown: This new ABC show (based on a book) tells the story of a clique of five girls. Alison Dilaurentis, Aria Montgomery, Spencer Hastings, Emily Fields and Hanna Marin. During a slumber party, Alison goes missing and is nowhere to be found. One year later, her body is discovered...forcing the four surviving girls who had since grown apart, to reunite. Yet, the four girl receives messages on their deepest darkest secrets from an anonymous sender known only as "A".

what's the buzz?: Its I know what you did last summer meets teenage Desperate Housewives. thrown in with abit of Gossip Girl into the mix. So far, only 2 episodes have aired, but I've been excited to see what happens and keen in finding out who is this mysterious "A". The younger sister in privileged, Lucy Hale plays Aria and there's Holly Marie Combs as Piper from Charmed. Many potential young stars with a chance to rise on this show.

what's the fuzz?: tThe high school setting has done been one too many times. I wonder how the girls' secrets fare against the other scandalous shows like Gossip Girl.

roundup: Still pretty early but the hype so far has been good. The writers have a lot of stories at their disposal, mainly from the books. They might follow through or deviate totally. As for now, this show is a must watch!

rating: sambalicious

here's a sneak peek promo:


from left: Spencer, Emily, Hanna and Aria

interesting?
drop me a line and tell me what you think :)

2 comments:

  1. Babe,

    I love Pretty Little Liars.
    It's one of the new summer shows that I absolutely love!!
    My fav character is Aria.
    I think it's also has to do with the fact that I love Lucy Hale.
    It's nice seeing Holly Marie Combs again on tv land.

    Every episode is exciting and new and I can't wait to find put what happened to Alison.
    I'm liking Ezra.
    He reminds me of a young Tom Welling.

    Ps: Love the clothes and shoes ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. i agree he does remind me abit of tom welling, though i really wish he does play a teacher any longer. so awkward!
    i'm so happy to see holly marie combs, always feel like she's gonna freeze time or something..haha :)

    ReplyDelete